This document describes a strategy planning tool used by the Hewlett Foundation to inform its Western conservation investments and was prepared by the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation and Redstone Strategy Group. The tool suggests specific philanthropic investments to help the Foundation achieve its Western conservation goals. The document covers six questions:
- What is the tools purpose?
- What is the Foundation’s goal for the West?
- What changes are needed to reach the goal?
- How can the Foundation improve ecological integrity?
- What are the results and how will they be used?
- How can the Foundation further improve the tool?